Friday, August 29, 2014

Outfit Post: Something Missing


There are some pieces that are difficult to style. You want them to work in a certain way and they just don't quite come through. This gray, sheer Vince top with keyhole back is one of those pieces. There was a time in my life when a sheer top paired with a black tank were all I needed in the world (Express was also my favorite store, don't judge) and every so often I go back to those roots. Unfortunately, when I go to wear these items I have trouble reinterpreting them; the 16 year-old inside of me instinctively reaches for black
ass-pants or flared jeans and black belt with a huge buckle. (Hey, at least I'm not busting out the platform Steve Maddens and, on an exciting note, flares are rumored to be making a comeback this fall.)

In an attempt to make this top appropriate for dinner with the girls at a casual restaurant on the South Shore of Long Island (The Boathouse in Merrick for you fish lovers out there get the Chilean Sea Bass over fresh spinach, it's delicious) I wore it with simple J. Crew crops and flat sandals. I like the look, I just don't love it. It's hard to tell here, but the neckline is beaded, so I feel like a necklace or earrings would be too much and I don't really love the idea of tucking it in because then you miss out on the back detail. Suggestions on how I might style it would be greatly appreciated. Help a sister out and leave some love in the comments.


Top: Vince Tank: Excellent question, I've had it so long that the printed tag has worn off. Pants: J. Crew Sandal: Nine West Bag: See by Chloe Bluebell Small Bag (it's new and I got it on sale and I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment