Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Summer Jam: All About That Bass

My music taste is all over the charts (#punintended), but one of my favorite guilty pleasures is bubblegum pop music. I'm not just talking about Britney and Christina either, I'm talking about random stuff too (Ever heard "Viva la Radio" by Lolly? You can thank me later.). Whenever I hear a wonderfully infectious track I'm compelled to share it with others, which brings me to my latest obsession, "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor.

I'm not going to get into the lyrics or comment on the song as a "body acceptance anthem" like Jenny Trout does on her blog (interesting read though, definitely check it out if you're into that type of thing). Why? I don't care. It's pop-tastic and I'm a petite woman with a "cakey booty," as a salesgirl at Alice + Olivia once told me, and this song makes me want to "shake it, shake it, like I'm supposed to do." Keep the bubblegum coming, Ms. Trainor.

Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment