Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Mix

When my alarm went off this morning, Matchbox Twenty's, "Merry New York Christmas" was playing. As a New Yorker this song really resonates with me and can always coax some sort of a Christmas mood out of me. This came in handy this morning as it's Christmas Eve Eve and I'm just not quite drunk with holiday cheer just yet. I'm not even tipsy.

I've had little shots of Christmas here and there but, seeing as how I've raised my tolerance over the years, since they've been spaced out over the course of the last month or so, I really haven't been able to maintain a buzz.

So after waking up to one of my favorite Christmas songs this morning, I decided to break out the whiskey strength way to induce holiday cheer (or 'how to get drunk on cheer' as the analogy seems to be going) and burn a Christmas Mix CD for my car. My car now has a more festive soundtrack than even Santa's sleigh. There are classics like "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" as well as newer songs by Britney, N'Sync, and Mariah.

Because even Ebenezer Scrooge knows that "All I Want for Christmas is You."

No comments:

Post a Comment