Saturday, January 4, 2014

Outfit Post: NOLA Night Out

Have you ever bought an item thinking, "I'll wear this all the time!" and then it sits in your closet?  My cousin, Chelsea, and I were shopping at Bergdorf Goodman a few months back when I spotted this sparkly stunner on sale in the 5F section. Back in the college days this would've fallen into the "Going Out Tops" category and 21 year-old me decided that I had to have this fabulous Elizabeth and James top.

It's called the "Maggie" top, but I prefer Magpie - so shiny!
Unfortunately, 31 year old me does not have quite as many opportunities to sport such an item (I mean, I could wear it on a random Wednesday, but the sequins might get stuck to my couch). When V and I decided to visit friends in New Orleans for New Year's and I knew I'd finally get to bust this bad boy out.

I kept it simple with jeans and my favorite Guccis and the amazing Gucci Soho Leather Disco bag that V bought me for Christmas (lucky girl, right?). I'm also wearing these super-fun Elizabeth Cole Mohawk earrings that I'd scored from a Gilt sale awhile back, but the new layered hair makes them difficult to see (womp, womp). Maybe now that I broke the seal on this top I'll be more adventurous with the styling.

Top: Elizabeth and James Jeans: American Eagle Heels: Gucci [Not pictured] Bag: Gucci Earrings: Elizabeth Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment