Monday, October 11, 2010

Hi, My Name is Kim and I'm a Shop-a-holic

When things get hectic, when I'm down, when I just don't know what to do with myself (cue the Dusty Springfield), I go shopping.

Lately, I've had a bit more time on my hands, and some issues to match, but this blog isn't about that, and I've made some purchases. I finally got that MacBook Pro that I went on and on about, which was no small purchase, and yet I shopped more...

I made an accidentally successful trip to Ann Taylor Loft; I'd gone in to look for boots for a friend and walked out with a pair of fitted cargos, which I've been looking for for weeks, and a pale pink sweater with subtle metallic threads running through it.

Earlier that day I had already treated myself to a fun, "XO" double ring by Juicy and a pair of fitted Joe's black pants, that had already been hemmed - score!, at Nordstrom Rack.

And today I stopped at the GAP on my way home after receiving an e-mail that the whole store was 40% off. I walked out with an amazingly soft heather gray long sleeved tee, a cute black and white polka dot woven top, and even some new undergarments (since most of the ladies I know seem to swear by GAP Body).

And how could I forget the amazing Trouve "Sabrina" distressed black leather combat ankle boots from Nordstroms website that are due to arrive tomorrow (a whole day early thanks to those fabulous men in brown at UPS)? But they were also on my shopping list, so that doesn't count either.

But I'm cutting myself off [stern voice]. It's back to savings mode. I shopped, I paid my bills, I satisfied my craving.

Now if life could just ease up for a little while, that would be great...

No comments:

Post a Comment