Tuesday, July 20, 2010

GOALS

Back from vacation for just one day and I'm feeling motivated. In the past couple of years I've seen that I'm capable of really positive change and I want to keep that going. Plus I recently got back to running and I'm already seeing results, which always gets me motivated, so I'm setting some goals for myself.

Ranging in size and significance, here they are:

- Finish "The Devil in The White City" by Erik Larson. The book is is based on actual events from the World's Fair in Chicago in 1893 but, while the information is interesting, I just lost interest. After a friend informed me that she'd struggled similarly with the book, but finished, I decided it's time to see how this story ends. DEADLINE: 7/31.

- Meet my next savings goal. Last month I met a big one, but I don't want to just rest on my laurels, so I want to keep the money momentum going. While this deposit will be smaller than my last one, it will still be sizable and I'm confident that if I exhibit a bit of restraint when it comes to shopping I can do it. DEADLINE: 9/10.

- A Job a Day. This is the big one; I want to apply to a job a day (weekdays only, weekend postings are infrequent at best and shady at worst) until I figure out the next step in my career. This is a lofty goal, I'm aware, but whatever I'm doing right now clearly isn't working, so I need to be more aggressive and more creative. Maybe I'll come across the perfect job I never knew I was looking for. DEADLINE: N/A

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Dude.... did my comment not show? I read this entry RIGHT AFTER reading a blog about setting goals and writing them down. hahaha

    ReplyDelete