Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Milly (and other various brands) Sample Sale

For the past 6 years I have been going to Clothingline's sample sales on 36th between 7th and 8th. Every time I walk down that slightly shady block and see women coming towards me with over-sized blue plastic bags from whatever the sale is my heart races in anticipation of what I too may find there.

Yesterday was no different and as I climbed the stairs to the second floor I crossed my fingers in the hopes of finding a dress for the boy's brother's wedding.

Sadly I did not find a dress, but I did get (2) skirts and a top for just $39 a piece.
The first skirt is a navy miniskirt with a white,olive, and yellow striped trim on the waistband and pockets, perfect with a white button down or simple tank depending on the occasion.
The second skirt is black with a black loop pattern on the bottom half that sort of finished the hem in a scallop. It can also be dressed up or down and I feel like I'll have it forever.
The top was a simple hot pink shell that I can wear under a suit or with my white pants for a night out. A staple item with flair if you will.

The other brands at the sale included John Galliano, Halston (of which I only saw one piece), Laila Azhar, Michael Star, Haute Hippie, and a few more, but none of those brands peaked my interest and so I left, content with my small haul.

After the sale I still had some time to kill so I ran over to Lord & Taylor, but the NYC Flagship was no better than the Garden City Location and so I admitted defeat on the dress front and headed off to an excellent dinner of Thai food with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment