Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Tonight

"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end." -Bella Swan, Twilight*

In terms of blogging subjects, Twilight is the new Sarah Palin. Fortunately, Twighlight is a much less loaded topic. Well, I guess that depends on how die-hard the fan you are talking to is about the 4 book saga.

Personally, I have only read the first book in the series and I'm excited to read the second, but I knew I'd be going to see the movie tonight (my roommate got our tickets 3 weeks ago) and I decided to wait, lest I get confused. As it is I know I'm going to sit there nitpicking all of the inaccuracies. Hopefully I'll be able to restrain myself from thinking aloud.

The movie has been all over the entertainment news and I can't help but wonder what stylist is allowing Robert Pattinson to show up at everything looking so rumpled. Is it just me, or does anyone else have the uncontrollable urge to iron his clothes? He's not a big enough star to show up to every call looking like he slept in what he's wearing the night before.

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to seeing it and dissecting it over dinner with the girls. Hopefully I don't have to scold any chatty teenagers in the theater, or myself for that matter.

*Note: I chose this quote over "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" because that one is great, but it's already getting played out. I can just see the t-shirts in Hot Topic now.

No comments:

Post a Comment