Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fire Island Style

This weekend I had the pleasure of attending a bachelorette party for one of my nearest and dearest friends, J. With more than a dozen girls in attendance, we were traveling as a fairly large pack and it was a blast.

To those of you who are not familiar, Fire Island is the large center island of the outer barrier islands parallel to the south shore of Long Island (thanks, Wikipedia!). It's a great place for families to go on vacation, I've been going to Fire Island since I was seven years old, but it's also no stranger to bachelorette parties. This weekend we saw several other brides-to-be and each one was having a great time.

Many groups donned matching t-shirts, but we declined in favor of breezy maxi dresses, sundresses, and chic shorts outfits. I've included my outfit from Saturday night in this post. The dress is from the Old Navy petite department and it is beyond comfortable! It has this lightweight mesh lining that allows it to float away from your body, even on sticky summer nights. Last I checked it's still available on their website, I highly recommend purchasing one for yourself before they sell out.
Sunset view from our dinner table at Schooner's our first night
Black maxi dress twins
Dress: Old Navy Sandals: Prabal Gurung for Target Cross-Body Bag: Tory Burch Earrings: Random boutique in college (Sorry, every once in awhile I forget where exactly I bought something.) Sunglasses: Rayban

Gray hair, don't care
Not sure if I've ever mentioned this before, but I'm going prematurely gray. Last time I asked my colorist for a percentage she told me about 80% - that was a few years ago. While I used to be religious about getting my roots touched up, lately I've been embracing the silver streaks. Who knows, after the wedding I might let it all go!

Getting silly with the adult ring toss game at Flynn's
Taking it down to the beach on our last evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment