Monday, January 7, 2013

Obligatory New Year's Post

One week into the new year and I'm doing a decent job of keeping up with all of the traditional resolutions; I'm working out regularly (hello, new love of spinning), I've instituted a one month shopping ban (apartment items not included since my place still isn't quite furnished) and I'm also doing a television cleanse because, in the words of Mrs. Sturak (AKA the Babysitter in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead), "TV rots your brains."

This is not to say that I will stop watching television altogether, that would just be crazy talk, but I do want to focus on interesting and/or educational programming and cut out 90% of the reality TV that I had been watching. Recently when I started watching Homeland, I thought, I missed the first two seasons of this because I was watching spoiled rich women bitch eachother out?

So, unless they involve a challenge or a talent, I'm banned from watching reality TV shows. No more housewives, mobwives, or sisters starting with the letter K (in my defense I never really watched the Kardashians, but I would leave them on for background noise from time to time and, honestly, I'd be better off listening to feral cats whine).  Right now I'm only allowing myself to watch The Biggest Loser, which started last night, because I find it to be motivational. I've even given up on Project Runway since Michael Kors decided to take the season off (sorry, Zac Posen).

Sure, most of these "resolutions" are just continuations of good habits from last year, but that doesn't change my resolve about them. Like the great Anne Shirley (or L.M. Montgomery, if you want to go with the author instead of the fictional character) once said, "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment