Wednesday, November 3, 2010

La Prairie Plug

Fall has rushed in as quickly as, well, me when I'm late to a hair appointment. So quickly, in fact, that I didn't even notice that my hands have begun their winter transformation to sandpaper.

Try as I may to avoid it, every year my hands get super rough with the change of the seasons. Think Scarlet O'Hara when she goes to see Rhett Butler in prison and he realizes she's been working in the fields (minus the actual manual labor).

Over the years I've tried multiple hand creams and solutions;

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream (this is like Chapstick - it creates a protective wax coating, which prevents further damage, but does nothing to actually repair)
Bath & Body Works Look Ma New Hands cream with paraffin (definitely nourishing, but quickly removed the first time you wash your hands which, in cold season especially, means constant reapplication)
Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve (a combination of the previously mentioned creams).

Since the Kiehl's seems to get the job done, but still needs time to soak in, I apply it before bed. You can feel the residue washing off in the morning, but at least it feels like it did some work first.

This morning my mother gave me the sample she got of La Praire Cellular Hand Cream so I used it when I got to work and the heavens opened up the angels sang and my hands feel like velvet.

Granted velvet has it's price, $95 to be exact, but I might be willing to make an exception, you know, just this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment