Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sad Mac

So I went to the mall today, but all I came home with were some tops from F21, 2 pairs of leggings, and a sample of the perfume I think I want (still 90%, why waste the $$$ if I'm not 100%?).

The surprise item I was thinking about was a new MacBook. I went to the Apple store, old MacBook in tow, and, much to my chagrin, the salesperson advised me to make an appointment with one of the "geniuses" to see if I should get a new MacBook or if my old one could just be fixed.

So yes, this was logical and, yes, it was a pleasant surprise that, unlike most sales people, she was not trying to sell me more than I needed. However, when I don't fully understand something, I tend to just want to replace it rather than fix it.

While I know I don't want to buy a new battery (why put $$$ into a 4 year old laptop), she did mention that in addition to diagnosing the problem, the "genius" would be able to transfer over all of my old files should I choose to purchase a new MacBook. Maybe they'll even give me some sort of credit for having one that crapped out and still wanting to buy a new one.

A girl can hope, can't she?

So I left, slightly defeated, but with full intentions to make that appointment. Let's see how quickly I actually do this. And let's hope I get a cool "genius."

No comments:

Post a Comment