Monday, May 13, 2013

Outfit Post: Brunch, My Favorite Meal of the Weekend

So this post is a bit delayed, but a few weeks ago I went to brunch in NYC. I was long overdue to catch up with one of my favorite friends and we finally pinned down a day and time. On a sunny Sunday there are few things I would rather do than meet a friend for brunch in the city. We found a great deal for a bottomless brunch on UrbanDaddy at a cute little Spanish place on the Upper West Side called Andanada. The Yelp reviews are mixed, but we were pleased with our experience. I highly recommend the Tortilla de Patatas (translation: Spanish omelet) and the white sangria. The staff was lovely and the garden in the back allows for beautiful natural light to drift into the space (although I don't think I'd want to sit directly in the sun as I'd imagine it gets pretty hot).

Anyways, I went for a roughed up preppy look. I'm basically a fan of all things J. Crew and Jenna Lyons and on a Sunday I just don't think there's a better way to dress. Here's the outfit breakdown:

Jeans: AG Adriano Goldschmied "Ex-Boyfriend Crop" cut - they are my go-to denim from the moment it's warm enough to bare my super-pale ankles.
Shirt: J. Crew - No one makes a better button-down for my tiny frame. No one. It's hard to tell my from terrible selfies, but the shirt is actually pink and white striped.
Belt: Hermes
Jacket: Black Gap moto jacket that I scored on sale ages ago.
Scarf: H&M.
Bag: Deux Luxe from a Gilt sale. They're bags are quality, lightweight and vegan to boot! I highly recommend.
Shoes: Matt Bernson black snake print leather 'Skimma' wedges - this was only the second time that I wore them and they're a tad small, so I wound up hobbling my way back to Penn Station; they are definitely going to need a trip to the shoe-maker to get stretched before I can wear them comfortably. They also have a low, slim wood wedge, which you can see better here.

No comments:

Post a Comment