Friday, January 24, 2014

Outfit Post: Kinky Boots on Broadway

The cold weather is still in full force in the NY area forcing fashion fans everywhere to break out their best layered looks. Never one to shy away from a challenge I was determined to dress appropriately for both the weather and the event when we went in Manhattan last weekend to see an evening performance of Kinky Boots on Broadway.
Waiting to get in - so excited!

Given the show’s subject matter, I knew I had to break out my Vince ‘Julianne’ over the knee boots. Thankfully, they are as warm as they are stylish. I’d originally planned to wear them with my favorite Isabel Marant for H&M tank and my W118 by Walter Baker hot pink tuxedo jacket, but it was just too cold, so I convinced myself to save that outfit for warmer weather.
In the aisle next to our excellent Orchestra seats

Multi-strands make life easy
Instead I layered this high-low sweater over a black shirt-dress and added a BCBG statement necklace for some fun. The necklace was a bit more than I typically spend on costume jewelry, but I knew it would come in hand for moments like this.
 Sweater: Barney’s Co-op Dress: Wyatt Boots: Vince Bag: Gucci Necklace: BCBG Glasses: Chanel

V and I had a friend visiting from out of town who happens to be a big-time Broadway buff so we waited outside the stage door after the show to get autographs.

Here's the show's star Billy Porter signing my boot (yes, I took off my boot in freezing temps to have an actor sign the arch. See the show and you'll understand, he was that good).

No comments:

Post a Comment